Morning by Morning

"The Lord GOD has given me the tongue of those who are taught, that I may know how to sustain with a word him who is weary. Morning by morning he awakens; he awakens my ear to hear as those who are taught. The Lord GOD has opened my ear, and I was not rebellious; I turned not backward." Isaiah 50:4-5

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Chrysos Chrystos













Chrysos.                                           Gold                      
Chrystus.                                         Christ                                                                    

Shell Chrysallis
I shed thee
Spreading golden wings
For him to see.

Poor pupa
Golden pain
Springing joyous
Christening me.
Death’s baptism
Into life,
Into love,
In the midst of life.

Cristo sunestauromai                       I am co-crucified with Christ
Shedding only shell
My being ever living.
Chrysos,
Christus
Ever living
Lives in me.

Sanctifica me,                                  Sanctify me
Salve me,                                           Save me
Inebria me.                                       Inebriate me
Christen me
with thine own self,
For thou dost know me
for what I am.
Thou knowest I need thee.

Deep-laid in a soft red womb,
Absconde me                                    Hide me
Ne permittas me                              Do not permit me
Separari a te,                                     To be separated from Thee
Intra tua vulnera!                            In your wounds!
Bring to me
third birth
beyond death,
Spreading golden wings
for Him to see.

He died,
Chrysallis.
He lives,
Chrysos
Chrystus.
I died.
I will die again,
I will ever live.

Deo gratia!                                        Thanks be to God!


No comments:

Post a Comment