Morning by Morning

"The Lord GOD has given me the tongue of those who are taught, that I may know how to sustain with a word him who is weary. Morning by morning he awakens; he awakens my ear to hear as those who are taught. The Lord GOD has opened my ear, and I was not rebellious; I turned not backward." Isaiah 50:4-5

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

In the Garden Where I Love to Go















I see the hollyhocks all planted in a row,                                            
Peach and apple blossom, hyacinth and golden bell,                          
The Lily of the Valley, the greater celandine and daffodil.                 
Nothing can compare with God’s great beauty rare,                           
In this wild profusion of His glory, a sight beyond compare.             
Come walk with me a little, while the gentle breezes blow                 
And share with me the beauty of His garden here below.                   
Beneath the olive trees One kneels whom I adore.                             
In the ardent labour of his soul he sways,                                           
In bloody sweat and deepest agony he prays,                                     
In surrender perfect, my life he does restore.                                     
As for old guilts, let them go, let them go.                                          
 So walk with me a little, while the gentle breezes blow                 
       And share with me the beauty of His garden here below.

No comments:

Post a Comment