Morning by Morning

"The Lord GOD has given me the tongue of those who are taught, that I may know how to sustain with a word him who is weary. Morning by morning he awakens; he awakens my ear to hear as those who are taught. The Lord GOD has opened my ear, and I was not rebellious; I turned not backward." Isaiah 50:4-5

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Rising Very Early













Rising very early in the morning
while it was still dark, he departed
and went out to a desolate place
and there he prayed.
~ Mark 1:35


O to be with You in the midnight hours
when all is dark within, without.
To be with You in perfect peace
my resting place, my heaven, my all right place,
my shelter in the midst of storm.
Life in the daylight hours spins around
with dizzying pace, sun rise, sun set,
and you are here with me within, without.
How small, how petty all the daily trials
when at night I rest myself in Thee,
my heaven on earth,
my heaven in the midst of life,
my heavenly Lover and my King,
my resting place in the midst of storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment